Monday, May 17, 2010

Fucking Giant Post (1,740 words)

Well today was interesting at times.

I woke up at the normal time, caught up with the tweets and studied for my homework quiz.

I went to school took the homework quiz and thought I got a question wrong, but it turned out I got it right (it was about villa)…but the funny thing is that I got a question I was completely sure was correct wrong (it was about the bile and where it is excreted, so I thought it was the liver, but it was actually the gall bladder, I just completely forgot about that organ in the body). After that we did the study guide which was boring and it was just kind of boring.

In English I took a reading quiz about “The Kite Runner” (finally typed that without accidentally calling it “The Book Rider” because I just read “The Book Thief” a few weeks ago and I just keep confusing the titles, I mean they are “The (noun-object) (noun-adjective)”). We then went on to talk more about “Whale Rider” (wow another one of those titles).

I then went to my History class for Tutorial to work and got caught up watching political commercials that I have already seen once before, but they are just so full of propaganda. Two of them were by Barack and they were just so full of propaganda, but they were well made and one was a remake of the Apple 1984 commercial and it really went for Hilary, but it did not really give a great reason why except that they think she will be a dictator (HA I really doubt that, but whatever it is propaganda for a reason). After that I got caught up taking to a big musical theater in my class about musicals and we eventually got to NPH’s “Rent” (you all better know that NPH stands for Neil Patrick Harris) being performed at the Hollywood Bowl and who was cast in it and I was surprised that Vanessa Hudgens was cast as Maureen. I just hope she plays it well and does not lose the character while trying to get the songs down. Also Wayne Brady is playing Tom Collins 9that should be awesome and I know he can do it because of “Whose Line is it Anyways?” where he did all of those awesome improvised songs), Traci Thoms as Joanne who will also be amazing because I saw her performance of her in “Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway” and she was absolutely amazing as the character, also Gwen Stuart from the original cast, Skylar Austin a Spring Awakening alum (I did not even have to Google him to know that!), but I do not think they have a Roger and I think that NPH is playing Mark Cohen because I hear he is amazing as that character.

Then I had the actual History class where we learned how crazy the inflation rate in Zimbabwe is, I mean crazy, like every day they would print a new note for their currency, eventually the number could not fit on one line, so they started again from 1 (of course meaning one trillion dollars) and went up from there, you know just continuing to sky rocket.

In Spanish we studied for a chapter test we have on Wednesday.

During lunch hung with this girl who is really awesome, her name is Raven and she loves poetry and plays basketball and volleyball…oh and softball, and she is just fun and cool, but apparently she gets on people’s nerves, but she has yet to annoy me. Well she told me that Kathryn was really annoyed at her because I told her to use turn signals while driving. So let me explain this for all of my readers. Kathryn is kind of a crazy driver, I mean based on how she drives when I am in the car with her I feel she is never going to pass her driver’s test, she speeds constantly (but has thankfully cut back on that), she uses the brake to much when she could just take her food off the gas sooner and then slowly apply the brake, and she barley uses turn signals when she feels they are not necessary. So we were driving up this little hill to my house and she was about to make a right turn and she did not have her right signal on, and I said, “You really should signal” (I think)

And then I said she would probably not pass her test if that is how she drove during it and she did not seem pissed. So then I hear from Raven she is pissed at me. I then find Kathryn and we talk and she, thankfully, told me the truth (mainly because I almost always tell her the truth) and she just said I was being really douche when I said that to her and that sometimes I am just a real douche, and I am at times, but I mean in that situation I did have a reason to be douche because I want her to be successful, I mean she has real academic problems, it is really lucky she got into this program where she goes to the local community college for her senior year, I want her to well in school and life and I was also concerned for my safety at that time (I call this ironic right now because as I am typing this “Safety Dance” just came on my iPod) and I just wanted to let her know that she needs to put a signal on, even when you think it does not matter, it is just curtsey and probably the law. So yeah I was like okay yes I am, but you really have to be careful.

Okay I wrote a fuck load already (I am nearly at 1000 words right now), so I will not be too descriptive (I hope, mainly for your sake).

In Media Class we worked on our projects and I figured out I am definitely going to apply for an internship at my local television station because I need something other football to do over the summer.

In Math (damn it I guess I do have some stuff to talk about today) we learned about Matrices and adding and multiplying them when I was called out to do some survey for the students in AP Statistics. Of course the survey was about an evaluation of yourself in 3 qualities:

Attractiveness

Intelligence

Personality

So I answered it with: A-4 because I feel I am really not attractive at all, but people have said I am cute at times and I have great eyes (Steve look to the end of the post I promise there will be a picture of my eye), I-7 because I feel I am smart in general, but I mean I am not extremely intelligent is all subjects and there are others that are way smarter than me, P-7 because I just feel I am generally nice, but I guess I don’t know I kind of now want to rate myself a 6 in this factor because I just feel I am really flawed in some aspects, also I am just weird, oh and I am a douche (no I am not making fun of myself, if you heard the way I am thinking all of this as I write it I can easily say I am putting everything I just said very matter-of-factly). So I then went back into the class for another five minutes to do notes when this other Stats guy comes in to ask for a student in a really weird way, but my teacher understood because he is just a weird student and she knows him.

Stats guy then came back in and, still acting really weird, asked my teacher, “Do you have any raisins?”

My teacher, Mrs. R, then starts to go to the back of the room saying, “Yeah [stats guy] I think I do.”

“Well if you do not have any it is okay, but is it okay if I ask for a date then?”

The entire class started to die of laughter and my teacher took it really well and had to sit down she was laughing so much. From there stats guy took over the class and told all of the guys why we have to always have to keep a packet of sugar with us at all times.

His explanation of it was that, “If you ever see a really hot girl walking by you, you then go up to her and say, ‘Umm I am sorry but you dropped your name tag.’ And you give her the packet of sugar.”

Once the again the class was dying and then he leaves and we get back to learning, but I mean it just a hilarious interlude to the class that day.

After math I had football from 2:30-5:45 where we did weightlifting, then had an hour break from 3-4, and then were in the field for almost two hours where I learned my stance kind of sucks at the moment, but I am getting a hand of it again, when I make the move for pulling I cannot stay balanced after I take the step and do not start running after, and that this year is just going to be So different from last year, but it should be really fun though.

I then went home and had a plate of cucumber, radishes, bell pepper, and celery with a topping of a purée of lentils (simmered in vegetable bouillon), walnuts, and onion and it was really good. That was then followed up by Shrimp Scampi and an amazing episode of United States of Tara. After that I did some homework and watched the new Chuck, which was also really good tonight.

Right before writing this post I bought the rest of the Glee songs that have been released so far from last week, and all the Lady Gaga, the ones where Idina and Lea sing, and the one with Neil Patrick Harris are all amazing.

So after many fuck ups I have now finished a post I started at 9:30 at 11:15!

In honor of getting through this GIANT post!

Life Putters and Wanders,

Robert

P.S. Steve here is my eye, it is not a great picture of it though.

2 comments:

  1. well its a bit blurry, but from what I can tell it looks nice-- nice color thats for sure!

    Im really curious about this lentil puree... maybe I'll try that one day.

    I cannot believe that I wasn't aware of NPH's Rent!!!! I am a Rent fanatic, but I guess haven't followed the world very well recently. I hope they film this because I probably won't be able to make it. I love Rent so much. My fag-hag Nikki turned me on to it in High School, and we would listen to it on road trips, singing along the whole time. I should call her... anyways.

    And matrix multiplication *high fives*! As a math geek, I can tell you that matrix multiplication is really important and will show up everywhere. If you ever take calculus 3 in college-- its all of the place. And #funFact matrix multiplication is a big part of computer graphics. If you play a lot of computer games with 3d graphics, then a bunch of the hardware in your graphics card is designed just to do lots of matrix multiplication REALLY fast. Anyways enough of my geek ranting...

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, very interesting.

    I just watched the movie 'Whale Rider' last night based on your recommendation of it. I thought it was great. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

SHIT! People actually read this blog, okay talk about it here!