In Spanish I took a GIANT test that lasted the entire period for the entire class to finish.
Then in my media class we have started this cool like business unit and today we had media professionals and we learned 3 big things today:
· The first was that in order to write a good résumé when you have not a lot of experience on your plate is to write about what skills you are good at and like to do. So we pretty much spent 20 minutes helping each other out figuring what we are good at doing (and of course playing around with other people by making fun of each there a bit, but I mean we all knew that other was joking)
· The second thing we learned about was interviewing and how CRAZY it is I mean that way it was explained was that:
1. First you call in and have an over the phone interview
2. Then you have a second over the phone interview
3. Then you either have a real interview or a third over the phone one
4. Then you either have another interview like one-on-one or you have a 5 hour extravaganza where you talk to just about everyone in the company and are interviewed by them, called a panel interview
5. Finally you either get the job or go home and commit suicide or die because of the crazy stressfulness of all the interviewing
· So am I the only one who NEVER wants to get interviewed for a job, EVER
· So the final thing we learned was networking and how to mooch off of our friends and dental-hygienists (yeah I know WHY THE FUCK would you proposition a dental hygienist if they know any companies that are looking to fill spaces in their company?) in order to get a job
That was what I learned in my media class today and I actually think it will be useful in life, unlike the natural log of a tree, jk there is no such think I don’t think.
So that is it!
Life Putters and Wanders,